Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Another favorite show just ended last night, DWTS (Dancing With the Stars for those of you who don't follow it). My favorite couldn't be more obvious being from the Steeler Nation, Hines Ward danced away with the mirror ball trophy.
What will tonight bring on American Idol? Will it be Lauren or Scotty? My favorite is Scotty. Will I will the trifecta? Good luck to both contestants, they are both very talented.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Is it a baseball or soccer night in your house? Need a quick healthy meal & not the processed stuff? This worked for me the other day. I also made a nice pasta salad with fresh veggies & whole wheat pasta. The the whole wheat pasta provides an excellent source of protein.
8 strips of chicken
2 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
2 Tbs. milk
5 cups of breadcrumbs
1) Beat eggs & add milk together.
2) Add melted butter to egg & milk mixture.
3) Dry chicken with paper towel.
4) Dip each chicken strip into egg milk mixture. Allow excess to drain off.
5) Coat chicken with bread crumbs.
6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 one additional time.
7) Pour about 1 1/2 -2 cups of olive oil into a large frying pan.
8) Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat.
9) Add chicken to heated pan & allow to brown on both sides.
10) Once chicken is done browning remove from frying pan & place on a baking sheet & bake for an additional 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
11) Remove from oven & serve.