The Annual Christmas Nightmare

Oh how I love the Christmas Season. The beautiful Christmas trees, the smell of cookies baking, the fun shows to watch with the kids, the decorating. You get the idea. The anticipation builds & builds. It doesn't end for us at the end of the day. The balloon pops for all of us when we go to my in-laws. I'm talking a loud bang.

Grandma likes to shower the kids with bunches of presents from "Santa". Good God, Santa would never bring gifts like these. She buys age inappropriate gifts & clothes that never fit. I wouldn't mind if the clothes were way too big however, she buys clothes that are too small.

Two Christmases ago she bought my son a Spiderman toy. At the time he still was into Spiderman but it was a toddler age appropriate toy. He was 7 at the time.

This year around Halloween, she asked my daughter to email her a Christmas list. Yeah, alleluia, finally gifts that they want. Then, just last week that balloon popped again. My hubby called & said that his mother was done with her Christmas shopping. GREAT! I'm happy for her. But she never got the Christams list from my kids. So now, we await the arrival of the Christmas Nightmare.

I could go on but I think my head will explode from anger. So, I ask you all for your advice.
Do I say something to her or do I continue to let her do her thing. HELLLLLP!

Comments

YOU have to say something! You have too...

It's for the kids happiness and that is her ultimate goal - she wants them to be happy she just doesn't know how ...

But I don't envy you that conversation. It's a sit down over lunch conversation - or a ToysRUs review - see this is the TODDLER section and my kids are OLDER than that....

Popular posts from this blog

Over Run By Divas

I Don't Think So