My Trip to the Pharmacy

I've seen the segments on 20/20, people are given the wrong medication from the pharmacy. What are the odds of that happening to me? Well, I found out that my odds are extremely high.
I made my monthly trip to Rite Aid to pick up my Synthroid. The cashier smiles and greets me. She knows me by first name. Walks back to get my bag with my meds, rings me up & I am on my way. Go home with lunch for the kids (they were off today).

After lunch I take out the pamphlet from them the medication bag & look through it. I note the name of the medication on the pamphlet. Is there a new Brand name for Synthroid that I don't know about? I pull out the bottle & notice the dose. The dose can be confusing at times due to the microgram/milligram conversions. Hum? I look at the bottle & notice the name of the medication, Xanax. HUM????? I then look at the name. NOPE not me. WOW! Xanax! Maybe I should keep it? Nah! I need the energy, not to be numbed out. So back to the Rite Aid I went.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You could blame it on the full moon or the date of Fri 13th. But I would just blame it on the work ethic of today's generation. Glad you caught it before it could have been dangerous.
freakin scary.

really super scary.

I think I check them ... sorta, somewhat, maybe.

Should get in the habit and make sure I stay there.

but can I borrow one or five of those? hmmm. Oh how i would love to diskappear for a week. just KIDDING.

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Update

I Don't Think So

Over Run By Divas