Miracles Do Happen


Believe it or not but miracles do happen. Yesterday was our school districts annual Kennywood Picnic. For those of you not familiar with Kennywood (www.kennywood.com/), it is an amusement park located near Pittsburgh, PA.

As you wait in line for the ride, one always seems to observe the signs. Oh, you know what signs I'm talking about. "If you have a heart, neck, back condition or are pregnant you should not ride this ride." Well that's not me. What about the ones that say "Secure all loose article." This is the one I'm talking about.

Very aware of these signs, I was constantly checking my pocket for my cell phone. We rode many coasters without any problems, cell phone intact in my pocket. It wasn't until we rode the last ride of the night, the Racer. The Racer was always a favorite with my kids. Hubby & son always get in on train & my daughter & I get in to the opposing train (If you are not familiar with this ride, it is a coaster that has 2 trains that race).

Caught up in the moment, my husband insisted that we get the last seats. We buckled up, the safety bar locked, I checked my pocket to secure my phone & off we rode. Hands up, hair blowing & having a great time. We pulled in to the station being harassed that my daughter & I lost. It was then I did another phone check & my stomach dropped. Not from the ride but from my phone not in my pocket.

We checked the floor no where to be found. I felt between the cushions of the car, no luck. It was then I came to terms that it was gone. Shattered into pieces. Time for a new phone.

I began my search for a new phone today. Spoke to my husband about what new phone I would want. Continued to search on line when the home phone rang. Caller id showed Kennywood. Could it be? So I answered it. It was Kennywood, we have your cell phone, it was found this morning as we were testing the ride.

I immediately went to pick it up being that I live near by. Low & behold it was in one piece, no scratches or cracks. The only thing wrong, a dead battery. Unbelievable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over Run By Divas

I Don't Think So