Why Magic Kingdom Became Tragic Kingdom Part 2

So I left off with the phone call from my childhood friend telling me that my mom fell & that the ambulance was called. At this point she didn't know any other details & that she would call her dad for details. After I hung up the phone my husband said "Just calm down, she probably just has some scrapes & cuts. Let's just get to the airport & we will figure out what we should do."


Five minutes had gone by & I didn't hear from my friend. So, I called her back. She didn't know anything more. I asked "What about our dog? She was watching our dog. Do you know if the dog was in the house?" She replied, "I'm not sure." I called her dad & asked for details. He told me your mom fell outside on the driveway & was calling for help, she couldn't get up. He call the ambulance & they were transporting her to the hospital. "She was watching our dog. Do you know where the dog is?" The neighbor replied, "Is it the brown dog with the red leash?" YES! I said. "Everyone in the neighborhood has been trying to catch her." he responded.

I was frantic! My mother probably broke her hip & my dog is missing. What do I do. My husband at this point was also crazy. I called my mother in law. Frantically crying, I explained scene. She suggested that I get on the plane & that she would look for the dog. I couldn't take that advise. She lives an hour away & time was precious. Someone has to help this poor little dog. My daughter will be in therapy if I don't find this dog. Mom was at least at the hospital & we were waiting on x ray results.

After months of planning this great trip, the plans are now unraveling. My husband said that I should go home & find out what is going on with both my mom & dog. "I'll drop the kids & myself off at the extended stay parking place & then you go home. I'll talk to the airlines about a medical emergency & you call me when you know something. It's stupid for all of us to cancel the trip. You can meet us there later." We did just that. I sobbed & kissed them all good bye. They departed for the airport as I departed into the twilight zone of hell.

To Be Continued......


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my God! I sure hope this has a very happy ending!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Update

I Don't Think So

Homemade Pizza Sauce