Why Magic Kingdom Became Tragic Kingdom Part 3

Yes, I kissed my husband & kids good bye with tears in my eyes. I got back in the SUV & headed for the Parkway. It was a lonely trip. So many thoughts swirling around in my mind.

I reached my mom's street & began to put the pieces of the puzzle together. I questioned the neighbors that live around my mom. They told me that she fell & couldn't get up. She called for help, two of the neighbors came running & the ambulance was called. She didn't hit her head so that was a positive outlook.

What about the dog? Has anyone seen the dog? The next door neighbor & his wife replied, we tried to catch her but she wouldn't come, she is so fast. I then started my search for my dog. I walked numerous times around the plan calling her name "Maggie". No luck. My in laws arrived to help. I thought for sure that Maggie would show up with my mother in law calling for her. Maggie absolutely LOVES her. No luck. During this time I called the ER & spoke to the nurse. I was told that they were waiting for the doctor to read the x ray & they would call me back with the results. And the search continued.


After about an hour, I had several volunteers helping me look for Maggie. Finally, I glimmer of hope. I asked a man walking his dog if he saw a little brown dog. He responded, the one with the red leash? YES, YES! that's the one. I just saw her around the bend by the playground. WONDERFUL! Mission accomplished. Now I can go to the hospital, one less worry.

I ran down the street ( in my backless sandals) & yelled (huffing & puffing) to the neighbor that she was spotted around the other side of the neighborhood. She & her girls hopped in her car, went one way & I the other. I saw Maggie running up the street, like a gazelle, toward my car. My thoughts were, she's alive. I was feeling some relief. I threw the car into park, nearly dropping the transmission & got out to get her. I called for her but she ran the other way. Poor thing, so many strange people calling & chasing her. I think she was overwhelmed & scared. Who wouldn't be. She darted past my rescue crew & head toward the main road. My glimmer of hope just began to fade away.

To Be Continued........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Think So

Count Down to Vacation

Over Run By Divas