Bitter Sweet

Excited, offended, hopeful, annoyed, exhausted, rejuvenated, angry, cautious, on the edge, ecstatic, & finally sadden. These are the feelings & emotions that have ran through my body over the past week.

I received an offer on my mom’s house & that is when it all began. The excitement of the house could finally be sold (although it has not been on the market too long).

I am offended with the initial offer.


I am hopeful that there is a counter offer.

I am annoyed with the nit picking.

I am exhausted with the negotiations & wording of the contract.

I am Rejuvenated with the possibility that we can get a better offer, that is if we add some extra TLC.

I am angry with the neighbors & their cruel words & ignorant actions.

I am cautious when the buyer is bringing her father to look over the house.

I am on the edge that the father will find something with the house as he does his own inspection while we are present.

I become ecstatic when a reasonable offer is made.

Suddenly, I was overcome with the emotion of sadness. My childhood home is sold. There are so many memories. It is all bitter sweet. My mom will be living with us in our new home & making new memories with my family & me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The new memories will overcome the sadness of selling your childhood home. It is at least nice to close that chapter while your mom is still with you instead of having to sell the home because of a death.
Anonymous said…
Getting Mom out of our childhood home was pretty rough, too. Didn't help that she was a pack rat.

Don't even ASK me about the time we hired 1-800-GOT-JUNK to help us clear out Mom's townhouse. Left me feeling sick to my stomach.

Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

Over Run By Divas

I Don't Think So