What did you do for the 4th of July ?


We kicked the day off by watching the life of John Adams. What an interesting man. It brought a smile to my face when my son asked so many questions about the movie. It consists of 6 DVD's. We are on a waiting list at the library for discs 3 & 4 (Blockbuster was out).


I learned some interesting facts today. Both John Adams & Thomas Jefferson both died on the 4th of July, exactly 50 years after signing the Declaration of Independence, only a few hours apart.


Adams & his wife Abagail had 4 children. They lost a son to alcoholism & their daughter to breast cancer. What an ordeal for the daughter. She had a breast remove without any anesthesia. Only a shot of whiskey. And I thought 24 hours of labor was bad.


This is a must see !

HAPPY 4th of JULY !

God Bless America !


Comments

LOVE IT - Great Job!

And I do the same thing at the Library - John Adams is now on my list.

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Think So

Count Down to Vacation

Over Run By Divas