Young Entrepreneurs


Today my kids decided to become entrepreneurs. My daughter wanted me to make muffins to sell. I asked her "Who do you plan on selling these muffins to?" She replied to the neighbors. She continued to ask me to bake & I replied "Later "& then "It's too hot today." But she was so determined to do this & it had to be today. I guess I'm just a sucker & I made Banana Nut Muffins.


I made only a dozen. She couldn't wait for them to cool, when she & her brother where out the door with muffins in a plastic container which only would hold about 5 muffins. I watched out the window as they walked up the street to a few houses.


They returned about 15 minutes later & were very excited that thay sold 5. We then had a quick math review by counting the bills & coins that were in the baggie. They made $4.90. Not bad for 5 muffins.


A few hours later she filled the plastic container on her own & asked her brother to go with her to the neighbors that were not home earlier. Four more muffin sales, total sale for the day $8.90. Not a bad day for these young entrepreneurs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over Run By Divas

I Don't Think So