In Memory


As I sat down to write about the day I had with my kids, I turned on the news & heard that John Challis just passed away. John was diagnosed at the age of 16 with an adult form of liver cancer.

John's outlook on life was one of true inspiration. He feels that God has given him this disease because he is strong enough to handle it and can help others by spreading his message. His message is "It is not how many breaths you take, it is what you do with each breath you take."

I worked as an RN on the Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant floor at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh for many years. Children & teens will always have a place in my heart. I didn't know John personally, but what I have seen on the news & read on line, he certainly was a fighter to the end. To learn more about his life, go to: http://www.courageforlifefoundation.org/ourmission.htm







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Update

I Don't Think So

Homemade Pizza Sauce