Silver Hair Grandma Rides Coasters

So I'm waiting in the Cardiologists office with my 82 year old mother when she leans over & asks me,"Did I tell you I went to Kennywood for Polish Day?" (no ,I am not Polish) I replied, "You told me you were going." I didn't think it was a big deal. She & my aunts like to go walk around & look at the unusual sites, cute babies & kids.
Mom then begins to tell my she rode the rides. I thought; That's nice, she rode the Merry Go Round & the train. The nice calm rides that one elderly person would ride when you have a 7 stents, hypertension, arthritis, one hip replacement & a torn rotator cuff. I think I hit all of her medical conditions.

She then says she rode everything. The kids & I looked at her somewhat confused. What does she mean by everything? This is when the kids started to question her. "Did you ride the Turnpike?" Grandma replied,"EVERYTHING" The kids looked at me & I looked at them, still puzzled. My son, in a joking manner, asked her if she rode The Phantom's Revenge. She replied, "EVERYTHING" The kids looked at me once again. For those of you not from the Burgh, the Phantom's Revenge is a coaster that travels up to about 82 mph & has several drops & turns.
The warning signs suggest that if you have a Cardiac condition, neck condition, Pregnant etc..... Do Not Ride This Ride. Well the Silver Haired Grandma broke all the rules. She rode it with my cousin. What was he thinking? What was she thinking?

I am still in shock. I can't even get her to walk around the mall without her complaining about her knees hurting. She walked aroung the Park all day & even rode the rides. This is a woman who complains about climbing a few steps to get from my driveway to the door. Riding the coasters, requires you to have to step down into the car & then once again step out on to the platform to get out. I told my husband about mom's adventure, he didn't believe me. Now his nickname for her is The Night Rider. The only rides she said that she wouldn't ride were the water rides, the Aero 360 & The Pitt Fall.

Check out the Phantom's Revenge video & let me know what you think.



She even rode the Swing Shot. This is one I won't ride.

Comments

Burgh Baby said…
Your missing out; the Phantom's Revenge is THE BEST!

Grandma rocks!

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Think So

Disney Update

Homemade Pizza Sauce